Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Storybook Advent Calendar

This will be Emily's first Christmas and we've been having fun putting the decorations up. The trick has been which ones to put out and where so that she doesn't get into more than the spirit of the holiday, if you get my drift. I am looking forward to her eye's lighting up as she sees the tree, lights, and brightly wrapped presents.

I've been thinking a bit about traditions. What traditions to start? This year is a bit of a dress rehearsal, since she won't really remember much in particular and everything will be wonderful and new.

One tradition I definitely want to do next year is something I just heard about from a friend of mine, over at Librarian Pirate. She shared this wonderful idea of a book advent calendar. You can see her post here. She got the idea from another blogger~It's fun how we can all share ideas with the wonderful world of the internet.

Anyway, it's too late in the game for me to do it this year, but I am sooo going to do this next year. Gives me a whole year to plan! (She's making her list of books, and checking them twice...) I am tempted to do it for the 12 Days of Christmas this year, but I know I won't... Instead I'll buy her at least one book to open for Christmas morning.


Do you have any favorite Christmas books to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment